I have no intro as I am trying to get this posted before I go…the week-end is too full to waste time on an intro:
- Thankful that I got to go in and sub at the preschool a couple times this week…I love getting paid in hugs. And the bit of money in my pocket is ok too.
- Thankful that I got to squeeze in a meeting on Tuesday which should have happened on Wednesday but was probably going to not happen due to snow on Tuesday night.
- Thankful that my 12yo has been able to regain better use of his lazy eye. We had been having to patch his good eye (again!) because he’d lost some of the progress we’d made on his lazy eye. We’ve only been doing it for a couple months and he’s back to 20/25. Originally (when he was 5) was at 20/800 (so clearly we’ve made a lot of progress) and I had no clue. I’m such a good mommy.
- My 10yo got the first part of his braces on…and it went without a hitch. Ask me about the surgery he’s scheduled for in 3 weeks. Go on ask me. Well, I’m not going to tell you about it here because I’m not thankful for it. I’ll post about it when it’s over. And maybe right before. We’ll see how I’m feeling.
- I didn’t have to go out in the snow on Tuesday night (or Wednesday day).
- Thankful for my parents in so many ways…my mom kept the PBA and took the 12yo to his eye doctor appointment. This was while my dad took care of my computer issues (on two different occasions this week)…I don’t know what I did to it but it wasn’t behaving. iTunes was giving me trouble (I don’t have a Mac…hence the issue, basically)…hint, hint dad! ;)
- I found a lovely new brownie recipe. I am not posting it here because I am a big tease. But I will post it on Friday for Foodie Friday (I love a theme!)…so you have to come back.
- My steam mop kind of hit a snag. It was the low point on an already frustrating day. I shall not delve into it. Much as I would like to tell all of you how a mountain of tiny things piled up to make me really crabby, I shall decline. BUT wait! I do have a praise from it. Last night I was at Target to gather recon on average prices for such gadgets and I saw an item which I already had in my home. I shall fill you in: When my MIL moved from her house (in which she had laminate flooring in her kitchen) about a year and a half ago, she no longer needed her Rubbermaid Spray Mop (made for laminate and hardwood floors no less). It seemed superfluous at the time but we kept it. As I stood there in Target, I realized that I did not need to spend any money and that I had a way to clean my floors still. I am still going to trouble-shoot the steam mop but for now I have something on which I can limp by. All kinds of thankful…can you tell? It’s the longest paragraph in here.
- Today I am going to a “symposium” for middle school homeschool moms (yes, all kinds of mis-placed modifiers in there…I am not in middle school but my kids are…I’m sure you understand but I just had to clarify for my own sanity.) Anyway…it is being hosted by a mom in my co-op who has high-schoolers and is going to help those of us who are approaching the “kids being in high school years” kind of help navigate it. In case you didn’t know, homeschooling in high school is a daunting task to consider. So I am thankful for any help she can give.
- And then coffee afterwards with a new friend. And dinner tonight with “older” friends (No, PA, I didn’t call you old…but if you took it that way, so be it…)
Hop on over to see all the other thankfuls for the week!