Friday, February 7, 2014

Foodie Friday: Easy Chocolate Chip Blondies

Because I know you were all so sad that I didn’t post a Foodie Friday post last Friday, I will get back on the wagon this week.

To be fair, I had a recipe in Monday’s post…which I know is not at all the same as a Foodie Friday…the weekly post you live and breathe for.

I know it’s true…it’s ok. You can feel free to admit it in the comments below.

I’m certain that my tease about making Blondies for Blondie in music appreciation didn’t help. If you follow me on Facebook, you probably already saw my recipe. I am using the exact same one I posted…only I am posting it here in my own space.

But here's the video in case you missed it; I want as many people as possible to enjoy the PBA's music appreciation.


Because that’s how I am…not trying to be a thief…it is basically the same recipe I have always used but frankly it was faster to Google it than go through the huge stack of recipes in my cabinet to find my Blondies recipe.

Yes, yes, I have a book (much like a photo album) which I use for recipe storage. About once a year, I go through my stack and put them all away. And as the year goes along, I take the recipes out of the book, use them (or maybe not…sometimes I just read through them to see if I have what I need to make it and if I don’t, then I don’t make it. It’s pretty simple, really. Feel free to use it for yourself.)

Ok, so I am lazy sometimes…ok all the time…when it comes to putting recipes away. Therefore I have quite a stack (perhaps two) of my favorites (or new ones I have yet to try...they might be new favorites I haven't discovered yet) in my cabinet.

I keep the cabinet door closed so no one can see it.

If nothing else, the recipes are close at hand for easy access…that’s the REAL reason I don’t put them away.

Anyway…to be honest, though this recipe was very similar, I believe this one is better.

And it’s for a 9x13 pan…as opposed to my 8x8 pan. That’s only enough for one day. Maybe. There ARE four of us in this house.

So…because I know it’s Friday and you have much to do (oh wait…that’s me who has much to do), I shall not tarry.

Chocolate Chip Blondies

Ingredients
  • 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
  • ½ melted butter
  • 2 eggs slightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or the generic flavored like vanilla stuff…because that’s how I roll)
  • 1 ½ cups flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Instructions
  • In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. 
  • Yield: 3 dozen (or less…I don’t judge if you only get about a dozen from this batch)



No comments:

Post a Comment