Another week gone by. Wow. I can’t understand where the time is going!
Twenty-one weeks we are into our school year.
We only have to do a total of thirty-six.
But even with the busy week, there’s still plenty to be thankful for. I won’t delay…as I know we all have much to do.
Well, I do…so there.
And again, not counting my thankfuls, I am thankful:
- That the PBA can (and do) make their own breakfasts and lunches.
|This was after one lunch for the two of them...really? That many knives?|
But they do sometimes produce a lot of dirty silverware. Which is really not a big deal because…
- They know how to load (and unload for the most part; if they don’t know where something goes, they put it in the drying wrack. Just like their father does. The apple, you know…) the dishwasher. Been doing it (well, the loading part at least) since they were 2yos. No joke. Yes, I’m that kind of mom.
- That I am really only responsible to making sure there are things for them to use to prepare said meals.
- And that I only have to make the dinners. Which I don’t love, but it’s only approximately 30% of the meal preparations so I think I can live with that.
- AND that I had an epiphany this week. I apparently have enough food in my pantry and freezer to provide us with dinner for the next four weeks (at least…probably more than that if I was honest).
- That I SHOULD only need to go to the store for fruit and veggies and other perishables.
- Except yogurt…I won’t need to buy that. I made my own this week. I was thankful to learn how to do that, and now I have a starter to use for the next time.
- That I took the time to pull out the juicer I was given (back in June…don’t judge) and figured out how to use it. The I used it twice and combinations were tasty but WOW it wasted a lot of stuff. I could not believe how much was leftover. I will have to research how to use it all before I do any more juicing. You know how I don’t like to waste anything.
- That it was clearly it was my week to be a winner: I get lots of freebies in my mailbox, but this week I won from a limited (supposedly but who really knows) of coupons for BOGO on gallons of milk.
- That I won a free Snickers bar…which I am sure I will give away (ok probably not) since I am back to writing down my calories in and calories burned. Yuck-o.
- That my 12yo selected and then PAID FOR his own outfit at Old Navy. Not only that, he wore it to church on Sunday.
- That my 12yo, WITHOUT PROMPTING, took a shower “because I sweat a lot at the gym”. Wow.
How can a girl NOT be thankful with a week like that?
Hop on over to visit the other lists linked up with Lizzi to see what everyone else is thankful for!