OK, I’m feeling a little bit as though I’m mailing it in this week…feel free to pull the rip cord on reading it right now.
I promise not to be offended…in fact, if you don’t tell me, I won’t.even.know. It still shows up as “page views” so “Check!” You get credit and I am up in page views.
And away we go. I am thankful:
1. That we’re on vacation! We’re on vacation! (Yes, we will continue to do math and reading but still…a lightened load feels very vacation-esque.) Three weeks of Christmas vacation. Ah…
2. That CYT’s Narnia production is going so well! At the time of this post, there are only three shows left (total of 6 over the course of four days). Audiences are enjoying it, and the cast and crew feel good about the work they’re doing. Mr. Always Random and I got to see it last night and it was very well done. I saw rehearsal on Monday and oh it kind of looked like a hot mess to me. But that was the first time they were all together with props and costumes, and on the stage where they would perform. I assumed it would come together by Thursday morning and it did.
3. This production has been kicking.our.butts…later than usual nights, an early morning…and just lots of focus and effort and time in the car. And packing dinners and or lunches. And making sure clothing for crew (all black) is washed and ready for rehearsals and performances). And time not together as a family (I hate it when my kids are out a bunch of nights in a row…I know it is the impending future of life, but I still don’t have to like it.) But the PBA are really enjoying it so I am thankful for that.
4. (I hate to admit this, but as you could probably tell from above) I will be a little thankful when it is over tomorrow. We haven’t even had the Friday night and Saturday-day practices for the past few weeks like the cast members have had; the PBA were only Crew, which has been a time commitment, but only for this week. Phew.
5. The roads were well-salted for our drive home from the play last night. It began snowing soon after we arrived at the theater and continued until we were home (which was several hours later). Thankfully the roads were mostly just wet. (As an aside, I am NOT thankful that it is still snowing and the PBA have to go back up to the theater this morning for two shows today but we’ll just pray about that and all will be fine, I am sure.)
6. For the ability to shop online. Does this need further explanation? I think not. Plus is kind of piggy-backs on this next one…both of them allow me to stay in my jammies.
7. That I have not one but TWO strapping young men who will willingly (notice I did not say gladly) take out Mr. Indy, in spite of the fact that it’s raining…or snowing as the case has been this week-end. Which means my jammies stay nice and dry.
8. That this week has been too busy for me to make many Christmas goodies. I posted recipes yesterday which I have made in the past but not this year. Because there has been no time. And I love a good cookie. But I do not NEED a cookie. Thus, my item of thankfulness is not having cookies in the house to tempt me. Yet...I will be making these cookies very soon.
9. And speaking of recipes, my world-famous (ok, blogosphere-famous…and even that it pushing it quite a bit) Salted Carmel Pretzel Bark was listed…dare I say FEATURED…in the December issue of the same publication which has paid me to write other articles. I am humbled and honored.
10. And I have made it to #10 on the list. Tah-dah! Have a glorious week-end!