OK, so I apologize but a few of you may have already seen some of these this week (at least one, possibly more, so I am sorry for the repeat but thanks for dealing…).
And because I am feeling exceptionally lazy, I’ll be going with the “I am thankful for” (and then listing my things, instead of actually writing out “I am thankful for” each time.) Follow? Good.
Oh look, I stumbled onto an intro for my post.
This week, I am thankful for:
1. An inadvertently-written introduction to this post. Not a well-written or thought-out intro...just an intro.
2. TWO lovely days this week in which I could take Indy for a walk. Count them: One-Two.
3. That my 10yo voluntarily went on one of the walks with me. Ok, he kind of went voluntarily; I don’t let him stay home unattended, and Mr. Always Random had to take the 12yo to basketball “grading” for team placement; don’t judge me for that. He gets more freaked out by staying home alone than I do (meaning, he gets freaked out when I leave him home alone; lest you be confused, I am perfectly fine staying by myself), so that clearly tells me he’s not ready to do it for any real length of time. Ergo he went on the walk to with...and I got one-on-one time with him. Bonus.
4. That the PBA got multiple Snickers bars in their Halloween candy haul, and that they have yet to notice a gradual decrease in their Snickers-bar supply (which decreases equally, since I pilfer from both bags simultaneously…have to keep things “equal” between children, right?). AND the 10yo just confessed yesterday that he doesn’t even like Snickers. We’re having him tested to see if there was a mix-up at the hospital when he was born…clearly.
5. The lot in our neighborhood…I LOVE to watch the colors change in the fall; the heavy, snow-laden branches in the winter; the rebirth in the spring; and the dense cover provided in the summer.
|Yes, clearly this is NOW and not the other seasons...you'll have to use your imagination for them. I know you all have one so use it.|
7. My first published story came out in the mail this week. If you are so inclined or interested in reading it, you can find it here. See pages 35 and 36. And no, I haven’t read it since I gave it to my editor, because I know there’s nothing I can change about it now and I undoubtedly would. So if you see any errors, please don’t tell me.
8. I have yet another story to write for the same publication. Which also means another interview, but this time the story was my idea. It is about a young soccer coach (whom my 10yo had when he was 8); he has an A-MAZING testimony, which I get to share with a whole local readership. Words cannot express how much I love, admire & respect this coach. I have already done the interview and set to work on the article; unfortunately it won’t print until late winter/early spring. Sorry for you that you have to wait that long to read all about it.
9. The PBA are FINALLY starting to get into music appreciation. We began the 1950’s this week, hitting it with Elvis (as the boys are quick to tell you, it’s obviously the pre-1970’s white sequined jumpsuit Elvis), Bill Haley & the Comets, and Jerry Lee Lewis. The 10yo even ASKED to listen to Elvis during dinner the other night. I am OVER-THE-MOON.
10. That I had the opportunity to go through Follow the North Star with my 12yo on Thursday night…this is actually going to require a whole post at some point. I cannot even put it into words at the moment, as I am still processing it. But make sure to watch the video you find through the link above; the only difference in our experience versus the video is that our experience was at night, in the pitch black darkness with the wide sliver of a moon in the sky. Goose-bumps. (Oh, and one-on-one time with the 12yo...wow! Two "dates" in one week...pinch me!)
Head on over to Lizzi's page and check out the Blog-Hop to see what others are thankful this week!