Friday, October 12, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On

I’ve been carrying things just about my whole life. Those first couple years are a blur but people tell me I had a natural ability for it, even as a toddler. And not to brag or anything but I think I do it pretty well. I can even use both hands…some people call that “ambidextrous”. You can call it whatever you like.

I am the first to admit that occasionally I drop something, but I’m getting better and better every day. Practice makes perfect. Actually, PERFECT practice makes perfect. I don’t really know what that means, but I know all of you out there are crazy-smart so maybe you can enlighten me.
My PSA for you regarding the carrying business is “Use a bag” – you can carry way more stuff at one time with a bag. Or better yet, two or three bags (like I often do when I go into work).

In spite of my years of experience, why is it, then, that nothing rattles my confidence in my ability to carry things like a dog who walks beside me when I’m carrying a hot cup of coffee in one hand and a plate with my breakfast in the other?
Yes, this picture has nothing to do with me carrying my breakfast and coffee. I just like it. For your edification, if you don't already know:
Keep Calm and Carry On was a propaganda poster produced in 1939 by the Government of the UK during the beginning of World War II; it was intended to raise the morale of the British public in the event of a Nazi invasion of Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment