Friday, June 27, 2014

Foodie Friday: Snickers Cheesecake

Because you have all been immeasurably patient with me, I shall give you the aforementioned Snickers Cheesecake Recipe, passed to me from my generous friend PA.

If you are just now tuning in, my 13yo turned, well, 13 last week (I’m quite a wordsmith). And for his birthday cake, he chose a Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake.

NOT Chocolate Raspberry Swirl, mind you.

No chocolate was involved. In the baking, that is. I added chocolate syrup drizzled over mine and it was just lovely, thank you very much to Hershey’s for making such a delightful treat.

But I posted the recipe just the same. Here it is, lest you somehow missed it.

Two years ago, when he turned 11 (obviously…it was two years before he turned 13…but I’m not always sure about the people reading this, so I try to make things as clear as possible), he chose a Snickers Cheesecake.

NOTE: In my post with the recipe for Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake, I believe I said I made the Snickers Cheesecake last year; in digging up this gem of a photo, I had labeled it as his 11th birthday. And the teeny-tiny bit of flooring I can see behind him is the old vinyl, which tells me it was NOT last year. I strive for truth in my writing and I apologize for letting you down. That being said, neither I nor the child himself can recall what kind of cake he had last year. Which, surprisingly, does not make me feel any better. I am, however, certain that there was cake of some sort to be had.

But now we return to our regularly-scheduled Foodie Friday Post.

As I mentioned, my friend PA had just such a recipe which she was so kind to give me, and it was ah-mazing.

Here’s his picture with the cake; what a difference 2 years make, right? 


He was no man-child like he is now. And next year, I will surely say the same thing about this year’s photo.


Don’t judge.

Anyway…I never did get around to sharing that lovely little Snickers Cheesecake recipe, and when I was posting about the Raspberry Swirl one, I realized how negligent I had been.

I apologize. I’m certain you have been brooding about it for lo these many months.

The brooding can now cease.

And I hope that the loveliness of this recipe will grace me out a bit.

And I also hope that you’ll invite me over to share some of this cake’s loveliness.

One thing to note before I begin…if you are somewhat math-impared, let me break it down for you: this recipe does necessitate 6 whole Snickers bars…can you handle it? Yes, yes you can…if you are my friend.

If you can’t handle it, we may need to revisit the firmness of our friendship.

Now, without further delay, I give you:

Snickers Cheesecake
Crust:
  • 1 c vanilla sandwich cookies or Nilla Wafers, crushed
  • 1 c chocolate sandwich cookies (aka Oreos) or chocolate wafers, crushed
  • 1 T butter, melted

Mix and pressed into the bottom of an 8” Springform pan

Filling:
  • 3-8oz pkgs cream cheese
  • 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 Snickers bars, cubed
  • 2 additional Snickers bars, cubed
  • 1 T vanilla

Beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually best in sweetened condensed milk. Add 1 egg at a time.

Add vanilla and mix well.

Stir in pieces from 3 candy bars.

Pour into pan and bake at 300 degrees on the bottom rack for 60-90 minutes (until center is slightly soft).
Refrigerate until cool.

Top with the 2 additional cubed Snickers bars.

Glaze:
  • ½ c whipping cream
  • ½ c brown sugar
  • 1 Snickers bar

Bring whipping cream, brown sugar and Snickers bar to a boil. Cook on low for 1 minute. Pour over the top of the cooled cheesecake.

NOTE: Can substitute other kinds of candy to mix it up, or omit candy for plain cheesecake (which seems silly to me, but there are some of you out there which might actually like that…weirdos.)

Serves 4-6 generous-size pieces. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment