Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How Long is a Day Anyway?!?

For the record: I never expected this foster parent thing would be easy.

But no matter how much I read, learned and was told, I never could have anticipated all the little things that have come up.

And big things too. Wow...the reaction of the girls to Indy was NOT anticipated.

At all.

They talked about other dogs they knew and that they pet them and fed them, etc.

And when we walked in the door and they saw him in his crate, they FLIPPED OUT.

We are talking TOTAL freak out.

As I have said several times already (and will surely say it again): screaming like wild banshees.

But that is better now. The 3yo no longer forgets that he is friendly. She was having trouble remembering that...he would walk out of the room and when he came back in, she would have a minor freak out and stand up on the chair or couch.

But like I said: it's better now.

But she still calls him "dat dog". For example:

  • "Dat dog gonna bite me?"
  • "Dat dog is nice." 
  • "Dat dog gonna geh my food?"
  • "Dat dog is sof. He so sof."

And truly I am not complaining about the experience...I am not. I am sharing my experience with you...whether you want to know or not.

We are putting one foot in front of the other and walking blind faith.

We are serving the Lord as we serve the girls. I believe that with all my heart.

God is my/our strength and my/our shield. He's the Rock on which I/we stand. His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.

This is what rolls around in my head.

But some of you may be wondering how I am doing physically. It's really not this bad (clearly), but this is the visual which comes to mind:


I have included it on Youtube above but in case it doesn't come up on your phone, please try this link on Vimeo.

Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment