- I have to say that the high point this week was the higher temperatures. And by higher I mean one day it was about 60 and two days it was in the 50’s and some of the snow (in fact a lot of the snow) melted. But of course we still have a massive pile in our front yard because we live at the end of a long court, where the snow plow shoves all the snow. We will still have a pile of snow there in May. And it won’t be the first time that has happened.
- But I can see a bunch of grass…sure it’s yellow and hideous but I’ll take it!
- I am thankful for the rain! I love rain and I love thunderstorms…mostly because they usually mean Spring. I love Spring…I am SO ready for Spring. But we all are so this isn’t really anything ground-breaking which I am writing. Moving on.
|Speaking of storms, Indy was thrilled to hangout in the guest bathroom with us on Thursday night when the storm sirens were going off...|
|Here's another...he's looking less "hill-jack" and dare I say "cuter" in this one...|
- Since I already dove right in about the weather (quite frankly, I couldn’t contain myself!) I shall just keep going with my non-numbered list. I am thankful that I finished my/our taxes.
- And I am thankful that we are getting a refund from both federal and state. Yes, yes I know you don’t really want to get money back because it means that the government was able to use my money, interest-free, and is just now returning it to me. But I am still happy.
- I am also thankful that I did not end up leaving my children outside for the gypsies (no offense to any gypsies who may be reading this) even though they might have deserved it. We had a rough start to the week, let me just say. But I think the warmer temps (and time for the PBA to play outside) helped everyone’s attitude immensely. Phew!
- I am thankful for a new book from a sweet friend! If you have never heard of Tricia Lott Williford, you are missing out on something fabulous. I have been reading her blog for about a year and a half, thanks to the recommendation from my friend PA, and I am addicted. She is an amazing writer. And she just published her first book. It is glorious, and lovely and (at times) funny, at other times gut-wrenching, and always well-written. My favorite quote thus far: "Turns out, on a shaky and uncertain day, there is humor and comfort in the rules of punctuation. I always suspected that could be true." ~ Tricia Lott Williford, "And Life Comes Back". Get this book and read it. Available everywhere books are sold. (And no, I make no money from the sale of this book...just to clarify.)
- I am thankful for my belated Valentine’s Day M&M’s (50% off at the CVS!)…and God-bless Mr. Always Random who had some difficulty tracking any down. But he was tenacious (mostly because he knew he had to be) and was successful in finding not ONE but TWO bags of M&M’s.
- I am thankful for Free M&M’s. Also from CVS. They had a special offer of buy an individual package of either Mega M&M’s or Birthday Cake M&M’s (they were each 75 cents) and then you got ExtraBucks for 75 cents. For those of you who are coupon and/or math-impared, that makes them (basically) free. At least for me, because they know I’ll be back and will easily spend that 75 cents.
|They did taste like birthday cake...but original are still my favorite...in case anyone out there would like to make note of that for future reference...|
- I am thankful that I can check Spam off my bucket list. Well, I wouldn’t say that…mostly I was happy/thrilled/surprised that I could put together a new recipe which included Spam. And it was T.A.S.T.Y. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself. I've thrown down the gauntlet...what will you do with it?
- I know I have mentioned this upcoming "event" before but we are finally at the threshhold. I am thankful that my 10yo’s surgery is happening on Monday…not because I want him to need surgery (I'm certain you understood...but just in case not, I felt compelled to clarify) but because I won’t have to wait any longer for it to take place. And neither will he. Or will anyone else who has been anticipating it. If you are so inclined, please pray for him on Monday morning as he is having 10 teeth removed. Yes…I typed that correctly and you read that right: 10. One-zero. And prayers for the doctor as well. And maybe one for me, as I wait for him to come out of anesthesia, especially. Thanks in advance. (More on this later…the reasons and such.)
That’s about it…hop on over to see what other things of thanksgiving are listed this week!