So…I am not feeling this list at all today but I know it’s good for me so I will be brief in my intro and possibly/probably briefer (yes, I am certain that is a word) in my list.
My non-numbered list.
I am thankful that:
That we thought the water heater only needed re-lit. It fired back up and we thought we were set. Unfortunately the next morning there was water all over the floor and the water was ice-cold. The thankfulness in this is that:
- the plumber we have used in the past was available to come that same day (Friday).
- and he was able to replace the hot water heater.
- we had the money in savings to pay for it.
- we now have hot water again.
- the water on the floor didn’t make it to the wood flooring Mr. Always Random put down last year (and thereby damaging it).
- I had the genius idea when he put down the flooring to just put down new vinyl instead of the wood in the furnace room.
- I had a steam mop to mop up all the stuff tracked into the house during the switching of the water-heater.
I am also thankful :
- That Aldi is such an amazing grocery store. I spend under $50/week for groceries for the four of us…including lots of fresh fruit and veggies.
- That I found a use for all, ok maybe not ALL but some of, the pulp from the juicing experiment. Maybe not an ideal use, but still a use. And I’m working on an adjustment to the recipe to reduce the sugar.
- That the soccer team managers meeting to set the game schedule for the spring season is over.
- And that the weather on the way wasn’t too terrible..plus I even got in a bonus work-out in for my arms due to the horrificly-windy conditions on the interstate. Phew.
- Saturday morning cleanings of the house…in which EVERYONE does their part.
- Time to read…working my way (much more quickly than “The Book Thief”) through “Olive Kitteridge”. Something of a depressing book, I think…but fingers crossed for an uplifting ending. If you’ve read it, don’t say a word.
And with that, I assume that’s probably at least ten so I am out of here. I did some more juicing and that carrot pulp is begging me to make another cake. Wish me luck on my revised recipe!