Well, apparently my brain is still on a little bit of a writing hiatus. It’s not that I want it to be; it’s just that it’s busy ruminating on other stuff.
Or if I think of something about which to write but don’t get it written down, I forget what was so important that I wanted to share with you.
I am certain all of you, my loyal fans, have noticed my absence.
And my absence, I mean my not feeling obligated to put pen to paper every day. And also share it with the world.
This reminds me of a New Year’s Resolution, but we’re not there yet. No, no, it's not New Year’s yet, and no time for “resolutions” as of yet.
And no, I don’t typically do resolutions, or if I do, I do not speak them aloud.
I didn’t do this Year in Review thing correctly at all.
In fact, I didn’t know that’s what we were doing until I went to link up with my rogue TToT Week 2 and discovered my error.
I’m astute if nothing else.
Actually, I never read the other blogs until AFTER I write mine otherwise I get swayed. And not that this isn’t a lovely group by which to be swayed, but I am trying to tap into my own creativity and not yours.
Plus I think it could look like you copied me if someone would read me first, and I don’t want that at all.
I'm sure you understand.
So…all this rambling to say, I just have a bunch of things I am thankful for today. Maybe not enough to do two days, but more than 12 so I’m calling it done.
And I’m going with the Miss Bloggypants style of NOT numbering my items. You’ll just have to trust me. If we can’t trust each other, then what are we basing this relationship on?
OK, so here is my Year End Wrap-Up of Thankfulness. This week I was thankful for:
- The time set aside to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
- A packed house at Christmas Eve service…and this even at the 7pm one. I cannot recall the last time that happened.
- Seeing this grandma on Christmas (she’s 95…she’ll be 96 in March, but don’t tell her I told her age to everyone!):
|This is from her 94th Birthday...and yes, I cropped the rest of us out. Sorry everybody!|
- And this grandma (she’s 90…you may remember her birthday party from February, if she looks familiar):
|Photo from her 90th Birthday Party|
- Mr. Always Random coming to the gym with us and playing 4v4 with the PBA and some other guys and kiddos.
- Indy…what else is there to say about this awesome picture?!?
- Lots of coffee and candy in my stocking (including extra-special fabulous coffee from the creator/owner/coffee seeker of Dangerous Grounds)
- When the PBA each received gifts which were well-below their age-appropriateness, and we discussed what should be done, they didn’t hesitate to offer that we just keep them for the Foster Kiddos (which we’ll still waiting on the Foster Kids to be placed…but you probably already guessed that, since I had mentioned nary a word about it…)
- Naps...not long naps, persay, but naps just the same.
- And time to read…I’m still not finished with “The Book Thief” but I am enjoying it. See item above for details on why I don’t have time to finish the book.
- A day-trip to Mammoth Cave for the four of us (more details on that to follow…possibly…or maybe I’ll just post all the photos here…I haven’t yet decided. The decision will be clear when you’re reading the post.)
- A day in late December, in Indiana, in which the kiddos could play outside in t-shirts (albeit they were a little chilly but attempting to be tough. I didn’t even tell them to put on jackets, because frankly I didn’t blame them.)
- Taking Indy for a walk on a day in late December, in Indiana, and I only had to wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants…and shoes and socks, of course…BUT no hat, gloves, scarf or coat. Yipee-skippy!
- These guys:
- The Foster Children who will enter our home, wherever they may currently be; once it actually happens, I know that the whole experience will not be easy nor will it be anything we could possibly imagine, but it has been a blessing to pray for these kiddos we’ve never even met, and I am thankful for it.
Hop on over to visit Lizzi and see how the Wrap Up was supposed to have been done!
Have a Happy New Year!
Have a Happy New Year!