I was overly-committed this week and just couldn’t find the time to be thankful so fortunately for me, my faithful pooch was willing to pinch hit (pardon the pun…you’ll probably see why that’s funny as you go through his list) for me this week:
While most of you would probably think that it was difficult for me to type (not having opposable thumbs and all) I find that the hunt-and-peck method works just fine for me. But it does take me a little longer than your average human…so with that, I won’t waste time and shall get to my list:
1. I am thankful that I can always find a welcome lap and a hand to pet me when I am persistent by nudging with my nose.
2. I am thankful for nice long walks when the temps are cooler (you know, the whole “not having any sweat glands” kind of stinks sometimes…)
3. I am thankful that I do not have to pick up my own “creations” because frankly, it is gross and demeaning. And to note, I would venture to suppose that the picking up is bad enough, but the carrying it for the duration of the walk would be the WORST.
4. I am thankful for the rain…not that I like to go out in it but it makes the grass a little softer; contrary to what you may think, I do not love crunchy, brown grass on my hiney.
5. I am thankful for tall grass so I can poop and have tall grass brushing against my belly at the same time (Don’t ask me why…but apparently the little Senior Saint who had me first had lots of weeds and tall grass in her yard and the tall grass became my preference. Don’t judge.)
6. I am thankful when my people give me treats other than ones with flaxseed in it…do you KNOW what flaxseed does? Well, I shall let you Google it if not.
(And yes, I have had several items having to do with poop…your options for thankfulness are often limited when you’re a dog.)
7. I am thankful that God made peanut butter and that they usually let me lick the knife after they make peanut butter sandwiches.
8. I am thankful that I got to help make cookies this week.
9. I am thankful that my fur is finally growing out where the woman tried to groom me by herself; I no longer look like I have the mange. If you do not know what the mange is, this is a buffalo they saw on their summer vacation and he has the mange. So…wouldn’t you also be thankful that you no longer looked like that?
10. I am thankful that she didn’t cut my nails back too far after she groomed me. I have never had my nails cut back so far that they bled but for some reason I wasn’t overly-confident of her skills (see thankful item above).
And I know the woman always puts a plug in at the end of her blog to “Follow her on Facebook!”…well, since I’m the guest writer today, I am putting my own plug in here: Follow INDY on Facebook. Trust me…I’m way more entertaining than she is.