Don’t everyone fall over from shock but I am ATTEMPTING a second day of thankfulness. I know, I know it’s crazy, right? What’s this world coming to?
So…since I am still a late arrival to the second day…maybe not for those of us in the US, but for those on Lizzi’s side of the pond, it is a bit late…I’ll get down to business. I am thankful for:
1. A FABULOUS surprise party last night. He was TOTALLY surprised. And very touched. And the cake was fabulous to boot! (that’s kind of a two-for-one-thankful item…I am always going to be thankful for good cake.)
2. Fellowship after church today…and dare I confess it…a free meal after church. It’s the little things (especially those relating to food) that I live for…
3. Time to sleep in but didn’t…but the chance was there if I was at all possible to sleep in. Seven am is my max.
4. I pondered taking a nap…again, it didn’t really happen but I at least CONSIDERED it. And that’s something to be thankful for…that I could even CONSIDER it.
5. Salted chocolate chip cookies…need I say more? Simply make your chocolate chip cookies as you like (you can even use a mix or the slice and bake…no judging here!), and once you dole them out on the sheet, sprinkle a little bit of coarse salt (can be sea salt, though I used Kosher salt…because it’s what I had) on top…then bake as directed. FAB.U.LOUS. And a big thank you to Gourmet Girl to Go for suggesting it on her FB page (I had to give credit where credit is due!)
6. Time to chat with a friend that I see but never get to catch up with…so glad to steal a couple hours with her on Friday afternoon.
|This is not my cup of coffee, but isn't it cute? Who doesn't love a cute cup of coffee?|
7. The unseasonably cooler July temps in these here parts…I don’t ever recall a July in which the air conditioning was not churning away 24-7. And this summer we’ve actually been able to turn off the AC and OPEN the WINDOWS. Shocking. And glorious!
8. The fact that school starts TOMORROW. And I can’t wait…a return to schedules and routine and organization! Wahoo! Who (aside from the PBA) wouldn’t LOVE that?
9. Lots of excited chatter from the PBA on the way home from camp...rehashing the high points of their week-end and talking like they were, dare I say it?...friends!
10. All my chicks (don't tell the PBA that I called them "chicks"...we all know that they are not girls, and that it's just an expression of a mama having her kiddos back home...but it may be lost on them) back in the nest.
Have a fabulous afternoon!