Monday, July 1, 2013

Momento

So...you may be getting tired of my vacation reports/updates/informational ramblings, and in spite of the fact that I am now home, you probably have about another week of them.

Sorry.

OK...not sorry. There's just too much to share. And being the dedicated journalist that I am (look, mom and dad...I'm using that degree!), I feel I must share all I can.

But after yesterday's comment of the lack of ...sorry...I'll stop. I don't intend to talk of Mount Rushmore again.

However for this post I kind of have to at least mention it. I'll get to it in a minute.

I wanted to show you my souvenir.

Actually, one of two souvenirs. The other one is a purple sweatshirt which was originally marked $50 and I got it for $10.

It was BRIGHT purple. In fact, even after the the first washing, the color purple (NOT the movie or book, lest you be confused) rubbed off onto the shirts I had on underneath, as well as my hands...oh yes. A quality product for sure.)

But after 3 washings, it is now a faded lavendar. Fabulous. I think I got my money's worth.

I can't even bring myself to post pictures of it.

But I did want to show you these...my latest S&Ps (that's short for Salt & Pepper Shakers...)

I mentioned a while ago that I have a collection of S&Ps...some of which belonged to my grandma, so they are extra-special to me. And I prefer the vintage ones...and really like the turnabouts (I'm going to make you google that...I can't always be providing ALL the information for you...I'm going to make you dig), but these are not turnabouts.

But I think they are vintage.

Front side (at least in my mind, bc that's how they were faced on the display when I chose them...
I was secretly hoping the back was their behinds...how disrespectful am I?)

This is the backside...not quite as funny as I was hoping, but still good quality images...
Who doesn't love a picture of a cowboy on a bucking bronco, displayed on a vintage S&P?
And to those of you who do not know, this is kind of a big deal to me...it still has its original label...and in (at least what appears to me to be) perfect condition...even looking at it with my bifocals (don't judge...I'm not old...my eye doctor said so!) I don't see any tears or peeling in the label. 

Yes, that's a sticker...doesn't look like it does it? If you think it does, keep those comments to yourself please...
And a couple more things which may not seem like a big deal...they have (again, what appear to me) their original corks, and they don't have any chipping, even on the bottom.


And how much would I, someone who's thrifty, pay for such an amazing purchase?

Well, I paid $5. Yes, that's right...$5.

And, least you be confused about why I would buy something memorializing what appeared to be a less-than-fabulous trip to Mount Rushmore, I will let you in on a secret: I bought them in Cody, Wyoming. In a charming little "western antique" store.

Well, that's all I have to say about that. I should probably, you know, go to the grocery now...thanks for letting me share my treasure!

One more thing (and I have had this for a while and for some reason have never promoted it on here...some may call me slow, but if you do, don't do it to my face please), I do have a page on Facebook. Just go here and all my posts will show up in your newsfeed. If you'd like.

Or keep coming here as you always have.

Either way...just keep coming. I appreciate you taking the time to join me!

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment