Saturday, April 13, 2013

Touché Mama Bird


Well, apparently the animal kingdom has access to the blog and I lit a fire under the mama bird’s behind.

Either that or she’s been taking classes in “nesting”.

Realistically, I can only assume the storms provided the necessary moisture for the mud to hold the construction together.

If you don’t have mud, you don’t have anything. You can quote me on that…feel free; just make sure you attribute it to me. Don’t just go around quoting it all willy-nilly without an attribution.

I came home Thursday afternoon to this on my back porch.


Touché Mama Bird...you got the job done. 

But, and this is just my humble opinion: it is a little sloppy. 

Yes, I’m judging the bird.

Proof that even in the animal kingdom some mamas are better housekeepers than others.

Please understand that I say this while the dust lies an inch thick throughout my house and there’s at least two loads of laundry that need to be run.  While I sit at my computer and write a blog.

Priorities.

I don’t judge the human mamas on housecleaning…just the animal ones. No one else need worry.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you don't judge me when you are at my house.
    Just curious, do have to keep pulling a ladder out to get a photo of those nests? I don't mean to be calling you short, but the light isn't exactly low to the ground.
    Still love me, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't judge.
    And no, I don't have to get out a ladder, but you are correct...the light isn't low to the ground. But not even you, my Amazonian friend, would be able to take a picture by standing on the ground. There is a big plastic storage box for chair cushions that I stand on...and you would as well. Yes, it's OSHA approved.
    I might love you just a smidge more, actually.

    ReplyDelete