Monday, April 15, 2013

Thank You, Duck Dynasty

Snuggled up nice and close, my 10yo and I were reading our poetry for homeschool. I will be honest...it's not really my favorite subject, but it affords me the opportunity to sit and read with my boys.  So I'll take it.

In fact, I don't care much for it at all. The poetry, that is...I do like the snuggling. But please don't tell them that I don't like poetry. They want to believe that I love everything I teach.

While sitting so close together, I noticed a distinct odor. I was pretty sure I knew what it was but held off on a comment until we were finished, lest we get distracted.

After reading the poem and discussing it, the conversation went something like this:

Sniff Sniff  "Ummm, Dude...you kind of stink. I'm not so sure we're getting our armpits clean."

Just to be clear with my readership...by "we" and "our", I really meant "you" and "your"...I am fairly certain that I'm getting my own armpits clean. Just for the record.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken. I really do want to know.

But maybe don't be as blunt as I was with my 10yo. He's a guy so I knew he could handle it. I'm a touch more delicate when it comes to criticism.

Proudly raising his arms and putting them behind his head, he leaned back and announced, "Yup, I forgot to put on deodorant today. I'm walking on the wild side." 

"Well, that's lovely."

"Yeah, I'm roughing it. It's kind of like watching a regular DVD instead of Blue Ray."

“Nice…”

“I mean really...why bother? I have lacrosse tonight!"

"Exactly! Why be clean for 10 hours when you're just going to end up stinky anyway?"

"I know, right?"

Thank you, Duck Dynasty. You've made my attempts at my child's personal hygiene so much easier.


1 comment:

  1. I dream of the day I do not have to ask my boys (and girls!!!)
    1 when was the last time you took a shower
    2 did you use deodorant
    3 did you brush your teeth

    not happening any time soon, and with the age difference i will be asking it for at least 15 more years.

    Hey a girl can dream
    Hey can't she
    Hey Jack that's a fact
    Hey keep dreaming Hey
    i love DD

    ReplyDelete