This week’s assignment from Stasha was probably the easiest Monday Listicles I have ever had to write: Ten Ways My Husband Is Awesome.
So, without delaying it too much, I will jump right in. OK, in just a minute I will. First I have to say that since I am not one to follow the directions on the Listicles (everything else, yes, but not so much this…sorry, Stasha), I did go slightly over my allotted list of Ten.
While I was at it, I thought I’d go ahead and make this an all-around love-fest for Mr. Always Random, and had the PBA list 10 Reasons Why My Dad is Awesome. Should I have withheld their writings to utilize for a special Father’s Day post? Yes, I should have. But truthfully, what are the chances I would have remembered that I had something already in the hopper? Slim to none.
So, that being said, I went ahead and put it in with my list. And no worries, you’ll see their lists in June…if I remember. If you remember, long about June 13 or 14, would you be a sweetheart and remind me? Thanks so much!
But I am also going to double-up on this one and utilize it as a platform to wish Mr. Always Random a Happy 15th Anniversary! (The actual date is Thursday but he doesn’t always get to the blog each day so by the time he reads this post, it might only be a day early, if that…trust me...I know what I’m doing. I am a trained professional. And I have met my husband.)
Now, without anymore extraneous ramblings, I give to you our lists of why Mr. Always Random is Awesome:
My List First:
- Flooring project…say no more, say no more. But I will…there are lots of other reasons but I am only going to name a few.
- He lets me pretend to be in charge.
- He usually backs up what I have already told the children (Just to clarify, the only time he doesn’t is when the children don’t tell him what I already said, and thereby it appears that he is usurping my authority…which, of course, he never would do.)
- He doesn’t complain even when a meal I fix is less-than-stellar.
- And not only does he not complain, but he eats it all as well. And he makes the PBA eat it too. (This is all contingent upon my assessment of the meal; if I refuse to eat it…that gives him, and the PBA, the right of refusal also).
- He will often drive the PBA where they need to go in an evening, because I already have my jammies on.
- He understands that when I make a suggestion about something, that I am really telling him to do whatever it is I appear to be suggesting. Case in point: Texting him I might say, “Feel free to stop at Target and pick up a bucket of ice cream.” And he always shows up at the house, maybe a couple minutes late, but always with a bucket of ice cream from Target.
- He’s a great homeschool principal…he’s the Heavy for me when I need it. The PBA may be a little afraid of me, but kind of terrified (in a healthy way) of their father. It is as it should be.
- He takes his lunch every day because it is cheaper and healthier….and I kind of put my foot down on it. But he doesn’t complain…that’s what makes him awesome.
- He doesn’t complain when I don’t feel like cooking. He’ll sometimes even offer to cook, even though we both know that I will say no. He doesn’t really know how to cook.
- He can get a fire going faster than anyone I’ve seen. And no, that is not an allusion to anything. I mean an ACTUAL fire in the fireplace in our living room. And he’s teaching the 11yo how to start one too…that right there should be the only proof you need for what I’m talking about. Otherwise, that is beyond inappropriate, to say the least.
- He loves the Lord first and his family second.
- I have to make this a last-second entry...Sweet Mr. Always Random was up several times last night with a sick child (belonging to both of us), and he never woke me up to tell me. He just took care of him. THAT alone makes him awesome.
11yo’s List of 10 Reasons (you see, he is my black and white child who follows the rules):
- The first reason is because he takes me to the archery range.
- He puts more than enough food on the table.
- The third reason is because he takes time out of his things so my brother and I can do things we want to do.
- He plays sports with me.
- He takes care of me when I am sick. (Yeah, I’ve kind of got to disagree with him on that one…but it is his list so I will let it stand.)
- The 6th reason is because he makes me laugh when he tries to dance! (I L.O.V.E. that he used an exclamation point on that; it’s also really funny because Mr. Always Random can dance. I, however, am like Elaine…no.joke….but the PBA have no clue because I don’t think I’ve ever danced in front of them. Maybe when they were toddlers and didn’t know they could judge me. Phew…I have skirted that one so far!
- The 7th likes to play soccer and lacrosse with me.
- He likes to go on roller coasters at King’s Island with me.
- He loves to try foreign foods just like me.
- The last reason is because he loves me.
9yo’s List of 13 Reasons (And he’s my “swims in a sea of grey” child…no black nor white going on here…so 10 or 13…I’ll give you as many reasons as I feel like; I can’t imagine where he gets that from…):
- He helps me with school.
- He pays taxes. (I don’t know why this one is in here…do a lot of people NOT pay taxes? Actually, there are many people who don’t…so I guess that does make him awesome…I won’t tell the 9yo that we BOTH pay the taxes…that will be our little secret.)
- He pays for our sports. (Again, not true, but why burst the kid’s bubble, right?)
- He helps with roads. (This is alluding to his job as a project inspector…I’ll explain. When you see a bunch of guys doing road construction and everyone’s working really hard, except this one guy who’s just standing there watching…and you think to yourself, “Why doesn’t he pick up a shovel?”…that would be my husband’s job. Stand around and watch other people work. I am teasing him but it is kind of true.)
- He starts our fires (see, I’m not the only one who appreciates a nice fire.)
- He does Spanish with me.
- He does NERF WARS with us.
- He put in new flooring. (Again, I’m not the only one in the household who appreciates the new flooring…mostly it might be because Mommy kept talking about us needing new flooring, so the 9yo…well, all of them actually, are just glad that I’ll finally stop talking about it. Don’t they know that I’ll move on to another project once the flooring is done?)
- He and I like to watch sports together.
- He helps me with sports.
- He encourages me to do things.
- He makes some of our dinners. (Also not really true, but I’ll again let it slide.)
- And last but not least he cares about us.
What else could I say to top their lists? Nothing, so I’m pulling the plug. Have a fabulous day!
|Yes, I included a picture with me too, since this is doing double-duty as the Happy Anniversary post too!|