Well, it’s time for Monday’s Listicles with Stasha and this time the topic is “Ten Things I Have No Intention of Changing in 2013”.
I have to confess, I L.O.V.E.D. the idea of this as soon as I saw it. I truly desire to be a stodgy old lady who is set in her ways; come hell or high water, I am going to hang on to certain things, and no one will change my mind.
I might as well get going on my inflexibility now, while the getting’s good. That way when I’m older no one will have different expectations of me.
However, as I was making my list, I realized that the things I wanted to put on my list MAY be what I SHOULD be changing. What that meant was the “Ten Things I have No Intention of Changing in 2013” were possibly the “Ten Things I SHOULD Change in 2013”.
But that seemed too deep for me…and simply we CANNOT have two deeper-ended blog posts in a row…or even in a week. I would lose my readership for sure!
So… after re-writing my post three times now, I have determined to deflect the deepness into something shallow, as you have come to expect…and hopefully appreciate. All this being said, my list is as follows:
Ten Foods (or Drinks) Which I have No Intention of Giving Up in 2013:
- Chocolate. What this means is that I am an addict and should, now, at this very moment, stop the sugar intake…and it needs to be cold turkey. But I have no intention of this foolishness. Pardon me while I go polish off some of the leftover Christmas candy.
- Coffee. Any kind. I’ll drink coffee black (preferably a dark roast if you have it but I am not overly finicky)…no need to add anything, so long as you have not taken anything away. Such as the caffeine.
- Coke Zero. Not a drink I partake of often (and NOTHING like I used to) but on occasion it is still a tasty treat.
- Quinoa, Peanut Butter & Flaxseed. Agreed, it sounds disgusting but don’t knock it til you try it! Lots of protein and fiber. And in case you were wondering, I cook my quinoa in water, not broth. THAT would be disgusting with peanut butter.
- Fiber One Bars. Yes, too many preservatives, but a quick and easy breakfast with no more than 150 calories. And tasty too!
- Cuties. If you’ve ever had a Cutie tangerine, you’ll know what I’m talking about. And if you have not, you should try them…there really is a difference between them and those other guys selling tangerines. And no, I do not get paid for this or any other product endorsement. Maybe I should look into that.
- String Cheese. Any kind really, but just plain old, regular string cheese (low calorie if you have it but I’m really not overly-particular) suits me just fine.
- Cottage cheese and grape tomatoes. I hated tomatoes until a few years ago (as much as my 11yo does today), but decided on a lark one day to try them in my cottage cheese. Yum-o! Yes, tomatoes are technically a fruit but they’re WAY better than any other fruit in cottage cheese…that simply ruins good cottage cheese. Like peaches…that makes me a little gaggy just thinking about that.
- Greek yogurt. Yes, I may have a somewhat unhealthy addiction to dairy products.
- Chips & Salsa (Or Guacamole or Queso…yes, again with the dairy…don’t judge). Who WOULDN’T enjoy some chips with an accompaniment? It sounds good right now. In fact, it may be what we’re having for dinner. WITH dinner…who would JUST have chips and salsa for dinner?
Oh wait…this girl.