Friday, January 3, 2014

Foodie Friday: Nutella Cookies

After much hemming and hawing (is that spelled correctly? "Hawing"?), I finally decided to try something which I had not before.

I had put it off because frankly, I did not want to know.

But then Christmas cookie baking season came around and I caved.

And I have good news for you, ladies and gentlemen: I have tried the Aldi-brand version of Nutella and it.is.delicious.

For only $2.19/jar, no less, it is quite a savings over the actual "Nutella" brand.

Now, I tell you this because I also discovered a cookie recipe using Nutella.

Yes, none of us should probably be making cookie after all the holiday treats we have been eating as of late; ok, I won't speak for you...just for me...I should not be making cookies after all the holiday treats I ate as of late.

Feel better? Only you know if the "I" in that statement should really be "you".

Anyway...I just had to shar ethis recipe because it is easy and takes 5 ingredients.

And doesn't make a whole bunch of cookies in a batch, so it won't be like they are lingering in your kitchen for days.

Or maybe they will if you have something I lack: self-control.

So, without further delay, I give you the Five Ingredient Nutella Cookies:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Nutella
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons milk


Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  • Mix ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. May be slightly crumbly...if so, add a splash of milk and stir again.
  • Form into 1-inch balls.
  • Place on parchment paper and press down until the cookies are flat to about 1/2 inch thickness.
  • Bake 7-8 minutes.
NOTE: These cookies will not rise very  much, so do not be expecting it. However, you can expect little bites of awesomeness when they are done. Sorry I don't have a picture...typically I would make some purely for your edification, however I did not have time.

Enjoy!

Follow me on Facebook!





No comments:

Post a Comment