1. So even though I didn’t know it was on my list to accomplish by the time I turned 40, but I am thankful that I got to be a “published writer”…and not just self-published on my blog. Not knocking the self-publishing. I’m just saying I am thankful that someone else saw value enough in my writing to actually pay me for it. (Sorry for my tooting my won horn…I’m still pretty excited. But I promise this is it for talking about it!)
2. And I’m thankful for all the kind words of encouragement. Makes me want to write even more…
3. And I am UBER thankful for my friend PA who encouraged me to begin my blog just a little over a year ago…without her push, I might not be doing any writing, and would not have met all you lovely people!
I’m not sure but I think that’s three…not birthday-related exactly but it is the randomness you’ve come to know and love with this blog, right?
4. I am thankful for a husband who listens to what I like and sometimes buys accordingly (true, not every time, but this time he did well!) Unfortunately the fabulous boots must go back because they don't fit quite right, but he gave it the ole’ college-try and filled up my love tank; lest you be confused, please see this brief overview of The Five Love Languages to explain why that is not a euphemism for something else… (and he tells me that he got “a great deal” on them so be BETTER not have spent that much because I will blow a gasket…so the price on that website should not be close to his actual purchase price…stay tuned for details.)
5. I am thankful for boys who listen to me, too, and bought me a new 5-quart Crockpot. And it’s red to go with my kitchen…the 12yo was sure to point that out. “We could have gotten silver but I picked red so it would match your other stuff.”
6. I am thankful that my letter from my 21yo self to my 40yo self wasn’t as wildly off-base as I thought it possibly could be.
7. And that I was apparently sober when I wrote it.
8. I am thankful for my Progressive Lunch Date with the PBA.
9. I am thankful for my homemade triple-chocolate birthday cheesecake, courtesy of the PBA (and my mom, though she only claims to have “followed behind them to clean up”.)
10. I am thankful that my friends and family listen to me when I say that I soon plan to start hiding chocolate in every drawer in the house so my transition into old-age will be seamless (in case you missed it in previous posts, please allow me to catch you up: my 95yo grandmother likes her sweets and just about every drawer you open in her house has candy of some sort stashed away)…so that being said, for my birthday, my friends have thus far outfitted me with a sufficient supply of candy. Chocolate, that is. What other kind is there?
Now pop on over to visit Lizzi and herentourage at the Ten Things of Thankful Blog-hop to see what they're thankful for this week!