So there you go...
1. I am thankful for Fall Break, and yet…
2. I am thankful to be back in a routine.
3. I am thankful that we had a field trip (more on that later) with our homeschool co-op (NOT to be confused with our coop, which we do not have, due to the staunch rules & regulations of our HOA…but I digress) on the first day back in school…it was a nice way to ease us back into school.
4. I am thankful that we only had two days of school this week. I love it but a two-day week is also a lovely way to slide back into reality.
5. I am thankful for an interview for another story with the same local publication (even with all the trouble, they must have decided I was worth it...either that or they are hard-pressed for writers. I am choosing to believe it is Option #1). I have high hopes that this one will go more smoothly than the last one. I wasn’t grilled about my qualifications to write the story. AND the interviewee gave me a hug when I left. AND I might have a part-time job helping her with some interior decorating (Did you, my devout readership, know I did this in a past life? It's one of my many marketable attributes, to be sure...)
6. I am thankful that enough of our soccer team parents stepped up and filled the volunteer spots…to the point that Mr. Always Random and I did not have to volunteer for the soccer tournament this week-end. We shouldn’t have to, since I am volunteering as manager, but still…managers have been known to work tournaments too.
7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to watch my son play soccer. I do. I wouldn’t lie about such things. But I am thankful that the season is over (or will be after Sunday afternoon). Not because I don’t love watching the games…but I am ready for a break from my manager role. Even if it’s only for a tiny little bit of time; winter training begins in January.
8. I am thankful that I will have some wedding flower set-up work to do on Saturday (I guess that would be today, since I am clearly writing this ahead of time…) which will mean money in my pocket and time with my sweet friend SV.
9. And I am also thankful that this afore-mentioned wedding flower work will keep me from having to stand outside to watch soccer in the BITTER cold on Saturday morning at 8:20 (which, mind you, means we have to leave the house by 7:20 to drive to the fields, and then give him the 45 minute warm-up time that the coach prefers)…so clearly I am thankful that I get to/have to miss that on this go-around.
10. I am thankful that we only have four more weeks until Thanksgiving. And we take a week at Thanksgiving too. Not because we need to do a bunch of cooking for the holiday or prepare for guests to visit. I just want another week off. I mean…it’s for the children; they need the break and I am just the person to give it to them. I'm a giver...what can I say?
So what are you thankful for? Need some inspiration? Hop on over to Lizzi at Considerings to see what others are thankful to too.