This list took me about 30 seconds to write. I think this intro is actually taking me longer to write than the list. When you’re on vacation, the thankfulness tends to come more easily, doesn’t it?
So without further delay, I give you my
Ten Eleven Things of
Thankful: Jackson Hole, Wyoming Version.
1. I am still on vacation.
2. I am in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
3. I am with my family (Mr. Always Random and the PBA have never been here before, so it's been loads of fun to see them experience it for the first time).
|Dad was taking the picture...as usual; and pardon my hair...the hard water in the shower and the constant breeze outside aren't really working with me|
4. No dog accompanied us…and as far as we know, Jackie hasn’t throttled Indy yet. Still going with “no news is good news!”
|This is what I think about being left at home|
5. We’ve seen a lot of wildlife…including, but not limited to: a moose, some elk, prong horns, mule deer, pikas, marmots, mountain blue birds, tree swallows, osprey, bison, bald eagles, sandhill cranes, and loons (again…try to resist the temptation to make a joke here).
|Photo taken by my dad|
6. And beautiful scenery.
|Another fabulous photo taken by my dad|
7. And eaten great food. (Sorry no pictures of the food...I was too hungry to pause and take a picture first.)
8. And no one has gotten sick or injured…(well, severely)….nothing that some bandaids and/or moleskin can’t handle. (No pictures of the wounds either...too gross. I do have SOME filter...when it counts.)
9. And no one was eaten by a bear on our 5 mile hike on Friday (we dialed it down a little bit after Thursday's hike).
|There have been "Be Bear Aware" signs at every trail head, but this one seemed a little more terse in its warnings.|
10. And no one fell out of the boat into 40-something degree water during our evening float trip down the Snake River.
|Our view from the float trip...beautiful!|
11. And we’re all still speaking to one another…we still have more than a week to go on our trip so check in with me NEXT Saturday.
Have a fabulous day!