Sunday, January 13, 2013

Prayer Answered


I have a praise to share.

I had a prayer answered.

And it wasn’t the one I prayed in my last post.

I most certainly did get the stomach flu, courtesy of my 11yo, more than likely. Not to play the blame game, but he seems a likely culprit.

Plus he keeps apologizing, “I’m sorry I got you sick, Mom!”

“It’s ok, Buddy…I know you didn’t do it on purpose.”

“I know, but I still feel bad.”

“I’ll be ok, I promise.”

“Ok…”

No, this was a prayer I had prayed in secret.

It was one I was sure would take some effort on my part.

Effort to undo something I had done.

A prayer that I would take off the handful of pounds I had gained over the holidays.

I ate too much and now I had packed on some extra weight that I didn’t want to take off. I mean, I did want to take it off but didn’t want to put in the work.

So I asked God for so help with it.

That being said, the answer came in the form of the stomach flu…that which I had prayed against.

I don’t know what that means, for you, my faithful readers, and for myself, other than this: just be aware that two prayers which may not seem to be related, can be, in fact, very much intertwined.

And know that God will choose that which He deems best for you, painful though an experience may be.

And trust me when I say, though it was a brief bout, the stomach bug was a painful experience…

But a prayer was answered.

And I learned something more valuable: I may be more specific in how I pray in the future.

Just a PSA for you to possibly consider as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment