I will caution you that I wasn't simply content to come up with one list of "Ten Things Food". That was actually too difficult. Food has so many qualities...there are multiple facets to consider when evaluating food. There was no winnowing it down to ten things...good, bad or indifferent. I don't think I'm picky, but I do know what I like. And what I do not.
And I felt like you should read about them all.
So here are my several lists of Ten Things Food, in no particular order:
Ten Foods I Hate
- Chicken wings
- Pie (except pumpkin)
- Green beans
- Baked beans
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...I like oatmeal and I like raisins, but if I am going to have either one of those items, I will not combine it into the waste of calories that masquerades as a sweet treat and goes by the name "Cookie".
- Jelly donuts
Ten Foods I Don’t Hate But Don’t Really Love Either…but Eat on a Regular Basis
- Spinach salad
- Quinoa...I love it IN things but not really at all by itself
- Greek yogurt…it doesn’t have enough sugar. I love the texture and thickness of it, but it’s not sweet enough.
- Raw carrots
Ten Foods I Love
- Chips & Queso / Salsa / Guacamole
- Cutie tangerines
- Pizza…almost any kind, except Pineapple & Ham...that kind could be #11 on my Ten Foods I Hate List
- Bacon Cheeseburgers…Culver’s are my favorite but almost any kind will do; the Morning Glory from Smokey Bones is a close second; it has bacon but also a fried egg. Making my mouth water right now thinking about it.
- French fries…McDonald’s or Culver’s…not those wimpy little ones from Steak n’ Shake.
- Chicken Nachos…REAL ones, not ones from a ballpark or something disgusting like that.
- Fresh pineapple
- Cottage cheese with grape or cherry tomatoes...and that’s NOT grapes, but grape tomatoes…just clarifying.
- Mac and cheese...the real kind. The Blue Box will do in a pinch, but the homemade kind is way better. And if you have some hot dogs to throw in there too, that would be fantastic. You can never have too much sodium. OK, maybe you can….and this meal would be the one to prove that very fact.
- Brats with sauerkraut, pickle relish, and brown mustard...but no bun. I don't need the carbs.
Ten Chocolate Things I Love (For you astute readers, you may have noticed that I didn’t include such delights in the Ten Foods I Love category because they fail to serve any nutritional value whatsoever, and are truly worth their own category.)
- Chocolate Extreme Blizzards made with chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate Almond Raspberry cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing from Piece of Cake
- Slightly-Underbaked Brownies
- Hot Fudge Brownie Sundaes
- Peanut Blossom Cookies...like in the picture below. Yum-o!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate frosting by Betty Crocker…yes, the kind from the can. You know, the can I have hidden in the back of my fridge for my chocolate emergencies.
- Nutella on a spoon
- Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks...yes, not technically a food but the number of calories in it require that I designate about half my calories for the day to said drink…and yes, could I get a “skinny” one? Yes, but they’re just not as good.
- Chocolate shakes
- Oreos...any kind, but especially the double-stuff ones
- Home-made turtles
- Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream
- Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory
- Ghiradelli chocolate
- Buckeyes...homemade of course
- Turtle Something custard from Ritters
- Any chocolate yogurt from Ella's with an assortment of chocolate candy toppings, such as Heath Bars, Reese's Cups, and M&M's
- Homemade toffee
- M&M's...any kind, except the coconut. If you don't understand, see #1 on the list of Ten Foods I Hate.
- No-Bake Cookies
- Nestle Tollhouse Morsels...straight up, right out of the bag...no chaser needed
- Hershey Bars and Kisses
- Take Five...tasty by itself but really good with some ice cream
I could easily continue, but I will cease my efforts. Despite all the sugar I have eaten lately, this list is starting to make me hungry for more. I doubt anyone is surprised.
I'm off to eat breakfast...what kind of cookie shall I have with my coffee? Have a fabulous day!