Monday, August 6, 2012

Singing in the Morning

God has gifted us all in different ways.  And while I can read music and enjoy listening to it, I do not consider myself to be musically gifted, especially when it comes to singing.

I am well aware that my singing voice is not spectacular. I know that it’s not even decent. In fact, many would say I should not be allowed to sing in public. I often feel terrible for people seated near me in church, and on occasion will apologize to them after the service.

But I suspect that the 9yo truly LOVES my singing voice. Because if he didn’t love it, I know he would get up in the morning the first time he is called. But instead, he subjects everyone in the house to my rendition of “Five Green & Speckled Frogs”.  Motions included, of course.

As I ponder this further, perhaps we should get his hearing tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment